Thursday, August 11, 2011

Warm Indian Spiced Potato Salad

I’ve made this potato salad a few times and I loved it. I just keep forgetting to write an exact recipe down. This is still not an exact recipe because I tend to measure by taste and smell, but this is as close as I’m going to get. When I was a meat eater this went well with chicken or steak. Now I can just eat a bowl full with a side of veg and be completely satisfied. I love all of the spices with the vinegar, oil, and warm potatoes, it is a bit indulgent but I love it. It just makes me feel warm and comfortable.  

6 large red skin potatoes skin on
few dashes of red wine vinegar
few dashes of olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dehydrated onion
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Start by boiling your cubed potatoes for about 15 minutes or until tender. Once the potatoes are cooked coat with red wine vinegar and olive oil. Do not add too much liquid only enough to keep the mixture moist. Then add your spices and mix being careful not to break up the potatoes too much. Serve warm and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. This looks soooo good! Can't wait for some cooler weather when potatoes become part of the heavy rotation again =)

    ReplyDelete