Thursday, August 25, 2011

Zucchini and Eggplant Parmesan

During the summer month’s zucchini and eggplant roll in faster than most gardeners can use them. My parents neighbor gave us 2 nice eggplant and my parents had a zucchini. So, what better to make than Eggplant and Zucchini Parmesan? 

First cut the zucchini and eggplant into 1/8 to1/4 inch slices depending on desired thickness.


Beat two eggs with salt and pepper and dip zucchini and or eggplant into eggs.


and then into Italian seasoned bread crumbs.


Fry in vegetable or canola oil until golden brown on each side.


Place fried pieces on a paper towel to drain.


Add homemade sauce to the bottom of a 9 x 13 or casserole. Add zucchini and eggplant top with more sauce and then mozzarella cheese. I used both zucchini and eggplant in one casserole so that I could have a little bit of each.


Bake at 350 until cheese is golden brown.


Serve with your favorite pasta and sauce. For meat eaters you can make Chicken Parmesan or serve the Eggplant and Zucchini Parmesan with sausage or meatballs.

1 comment:

  1. Love this. When I ran into the eggplant/squash problem I went the lasagna route but looking at your photos maybe I should have made parmesan instead! This looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete