Monday, July 12, 2010

Tomato and Avocado on Sourdough with Herbed Mayo


I made this sandwich for dinner one night last week and I’ve become obsessed! I could literally eat it every day! I love the combo, the fresh plum tomatoes, the creamy herb mayo, the buttery avocado…yumm

2 pieces of sourdough bread
1 avocado sliced (squeeze a ½ fresh lemon or lime to prevent browning)
1-2 plum tomatoes
A handful of lettuce
2 tbs of herbed mayo

Herbed mayo
2tbs of mayo
Chopped basil, thyme, oregano, cilantro, and lemon basil
Onion powder
Garlic powder
S&P

Toast bread lightly, then spread each piece with herbed mayo. Then add lettuce, tomato, and avocado, Eat and enjoy! Note: this originally had smoked Gouda on it but it overpowered the sandwich so I took it off and ate it without it. It was much better without it, clean and fresh! The cilantro in the herbed mayo is a must! 


No comments:

Post a Comment