Saturday, December 4, 2010

Top Chef All Stars Premiere Party at 10 Arts

I had an amazing night at the Top Chef Premier Party. It started off with meeting Jen Carroll and Kevin Sbraga when I walked into 10 Arts Lounge! Awesome! Then Brian from Bridges Burgers and Beer arrived and we ordered cocktails. I had the Maple Ginger Press which is a martini with tequila, grand marnier, pineapple juice and maple syrup yumm! Brian had the Ri-Pear which is a martini with muddled pears, grey goose la poire and white cranberry juice. I tried his, but I preferred my martini, I love tequila and maple syrup and they go fantastic together. I have a feeling I will make pancakes with tequila laced maple syrup in the near future!
We sipped our drinks until it was time to move onto dinner at the 10 Arts restaurant. Chef Jen was doing a Top Chef tasting menu of 4 of her dishes on Top Chef, which is what Brian got and I ordered a few of our waiters vegetarian recommendations.
For the first course, Brian had the clam ceviche. It looked amazing! 
 
 Clam Ceviche
For the second course Brian had blue bay mussels and I had celeriac soup with roasted mushrooms and jus. The soup was fantastic and took me back to my mom’s homemade cream of mushroom made with wild mushrooms. It was creamy and perfectly seasoned. 
 
 Blue Bay Mussels
 Celeriac Soup
For our third course Brian had Halibut and I had the casserole of seasonal vegetables. It was a small dutch oven with perfectly roasted diced veg, including squash tomatoes and eggplant. It reminded me of a ratatouille with a little spice! Perfect for a vegetarian! I would get this and soup or salad and call it lunch or dinner any day!
 Halibut
Casserole of Seasonal Vegetables
For our Fourth course Brian had snake river Kobe skirt steak and I had a special vegetarian pasta dish. It was egg fettuccine (I highly suggest you have them once in your life) they are so much lighter than normal fettuccine, like a smaller paperadelle pasta. The sauce was rich and creamy (I think they’re may have been a hint of saffron in it, and there were sundried tomatoes and wonderful wild mushrooms. I loved this pasta and would love to have it again, but the veg dish of the night changes from what I’ve heard. 
 Kobe Skirt Steak
Fettuccine
After dinner we went back to the kitchen to visit the awesome pastry Chef at 10 Arts, Monica Glass. Brian and I loved the kitchen! It was such a treat to go into the kitchen.
After we were done in the kitchen we sat down for our fifth and final course, DESSERT! Brian’s tasting menu came with reinterpretation of Smore's: soft chocolate, pomegranate, toasted marshmallow and graham cracker ice cream (a favorite dessert of Chef Jen’s) and I choose her Beignets because I’ve heard wonderful things about them. She also sent out pettis fours for each of us and the special dessert of the night, spice cake with sour cream ice cream and persimmons. 
 
 Beignets
 Smore's
 Pettis Fours
 Spice Cake
The smores were fantastic. The beignets were the lightest donuts I’ve ever eaten and they just melted in your mouth! The pettis fours were delicate and delicious; there was a brownie, mint macaroon, and a ginger bread cake. The spice cake was probably my favorite of all of the desserts  because it was light and had the right amount of spice, it just tasted of the Holiday season!. It was the perfect way to end a cold night winter in Philadelphia.
I had a fantastic experience at 10 Arts! I met wonderful, friendly, and vivacious chefs and had an amazing dinner, from the first sip of my cocktail to the last bite of dessert. I would recommend 10 arts to anyone anytime. The best part about it is you can go all out and spend a ton of money there, or you can keep it cheaper by selecting soup and salad or eating at the lounge.  I believe there’s a menu item that will satisfy everyone’s wallet as well as their stomachs! I hope to be back someday soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment