Thursday, October 14, 2010

Zakes Cakes and Cafe


I’d been eyeing up Zakes for months, but hadn’t had a chance to go. I finally went last week and it was wonderful. My friend and I went there for our lunch break from work. When we got there we were nervous that it was going to take too long because it was packed but they got us our food quickly without skimping on quality. First they came out with delicious homemade breads, honey wheat (my fav), white, and focaccia. I'd go back to Zakes just for the bread itself. For a drink I had a half and half (half lemonade half iced tea, both of which are homemade) it was delicious. For lunch, I had the onion, spinach, and brie quiche. It was very good and the side salad completed the meal. My friend had the jumbo lump crab meat sandwich, which came on their homemade bread and was real crab meat. She said it was wonderful. If I were still eating fish I’d definitely try this. Their sandwiches come with a side salad and a side of potato salad. I really wish we had room for dessert because they looked amazing. I will definitely be back and I will get dessert next time.

Onion, Spinach, and Brie Quiche
 
Crab Meat Sandwich

 
444 Bethlehem Pike
Fort Washington, PA

No comments:

Post a Comment