Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Drafting Room


Last night Domenick and I met up with some friends at The Drafting Room. We love the beer there and we like the food too. The last time we were there I just had a salad and the other few times we were there I was still eating meat and fish. Unfortunately, the only items on their menu that are veg friendly are nachos, a salad or two, and a portabella burger. Last night I wanted something more than a salad. Also, I was not in the mood for a portabella burger since I resort to eating them often at restaurants and I definitely did not want to make nachos my main meal. I did however; get the nachos as an app, which was good because they had veg refried beans on them for protein. For dinner I ordered a baked sweet potato and grilled asparagus. I know weird dinner, but I like to eat stuff other than mushrooms and salad when I go out and I love asparagus and sweet potatoes. They were offered as sides to meat and/or fish entrees so I had to ask for them as my meal. I actually wanted to try the cajun rice but it was made with a meat stock, so I couldn’t get that. They were accommodating though and offered to make me a veg dish, but I didn’t feel like eating a veg pasta last night. I was happy and satisfied with my simplistic meal. 

I do highly recommend the beer I drank,  Peak Organic Nut Brown Ale  and Terrapin Wake N Bake Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout . They were both amazing!

My menu options are very limited since I do not eat meat and rarely eat fish, but I’m very flexible and I love sides so I’m normally able to get something. If you are in the same boat, I would suggest getting the sides with the butter on the side and also avoid things like mashed potatoes and mac n cheese since restaurants tend to add a lot of calories to these dishes. For me, I like to stick to baked potatoes of some sort, rice, or pasta and grilled or steamed veggies. Pretty much every restaurant including steak houses will accommodate vegetarians or vegans; you honestly just have to ask. I hope that helps some of you that are vegetarians living in a carnivore’s world.

No comments:

Post a Comment