Thursday, June 17, 2010

Our Garden


My husband and I put a garden in 4 years when we first bought our house. Gardening is a tradition in both our families, so when we bought our first house we knew that we would put a garden in ASAP. This year I cannot take much credit because my husband did most of the work, but in all fairness, I tried to help and he didn’t want my help because “I wouldn’t do it right”. Men! Anyway, I buy all the seeds and plants because we garden organically, which means without pesticides and other harmful products. I get my seeds and plants from: Whole Foods, Lowe's (seeds only), the Piazza at Schmidt’s (plants), and a few plants at an organic grocery in VA beach. This year we have: carrots, lettuce, cucumbers, a ton of tomatoes, sweet peppers, hot peppers, potatoes, pineapple mint, dill, cilantro, oregano, basil, purple basil, lemon basil, Italian flat-leaf parsley, sage, and thyme.

Here are some pictures of the garden now. I will post more of the garden as it grows.

Tomato Plants

Pineapple Mint

Herbs
 
Basil

Peppers

Some peppers are already on

Lettuce

Carrots

Flower on the tomato plants we have some tomatoes on already but the pictures didn't turn out
Full view of the garden

The lower part of the garden

Cucumbers


No comments:

Post a Comment