Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shells with Neufchatel Cheese Sauce

I had ½ a jar of homemade red sauce in the fridge and a ½ of a 8 ounce container of Neufchatel Cheese (like cream cheese) so I figured why not put them together to make a pink sauce! I also had a ton of fresh herbs from the garden so I decided to add some of them too. It made a great quick and easy dinner.

½ a jar of tomato sauce about 8 oz (preferably homemade)
4 oz cream cheese
A handful of freshly chopped basil, parsley, and oregano
½ lb of whole wheat shells

I added the ½ jar of sauce to a small pot and brought it to a simmer. Then I added the 4oz of Neufchatel until it was fully incorporated. Chop up the fresh basil, Italian flat-leaf parsley and add it to the sauce. Simmer until the pasta is done. Cook your pasta to your packaged directions and drain (NEVER RINSE PASTA). Add the pasta and sauce to a bowl, mix, and then serve. Garnish with more fresh basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment